1/1 Photo of White Loaf
3 hrs 25 mins
(The Best of Finnish Cooking)Prep time includes 2 rises.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissove the yeast in warm water.
- 2Stir in saslt, sugar and butter.
- 3Beat in the flour.
- 4Knead until dough is smooth and elastic.
- 5Cover with towel or plastic wrap and let rise until double (1 1/2-2 hours) Punch down.
- 6On a floured board shape it into a round loaf.
- 7Cover with a towel and let rise (45 minutes).
- 8Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- 9Pat the loaf down with hands.
- 10Using hands or rolling pin stretch it onto round flat sheet about 1/2 inch thick.
- 11Starting with one side roll it into a loaf.
- 12Place it seam side down on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 13With a sharp knife, cut 1/2 inch slash from one end of loaf to the other.
- 14Bake in oven until browned and loaf is done about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1252.3
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.3 g
- Cholesterol 91.5 mg
- Sodium 2584.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 197.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 28.8 g