Prep 2 hrs
Cook 14 mins
Belinda Ellis, White Lily
- 12 pieces white lily frozen yeast crescent roll dough
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried instant minced onion
- 1⁄3 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Remove 12 White Lily Frozen Dough pieces from the freezer.
- Allow White Lily Frozen Roll Dough to thaw at room temperature.
- To thaw the rolls quickly: place wrapped dough in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- Heat just until dough is soft, but not warm.
- When dough is thawed, press one roll lightly so it is flattened to about half of its original height.
- Then place a ball of dough on the top of the flattened piece.
- Press lightly so the top stays rounded.
- ,but sticks to the bottom roll.
- Spray plastic wrap with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover the rolls and allow to rise in a warm place for about 2 hours or until dough is double in size.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly brush the top of each dough piece with egg white.
- Sprinkle instant minced onion and cheddar cheese evenly over the dough.
- Bake on the center rack in oven for 14 to 16 minutes or until the buns are golden brown.
- (Watch carefully, the buns brown and then get over done quickly.).
- Remove from the baking pan and allow to cool completely on wire rack.
- When buns are cooked, slice at indention between the two rolls.
- Store in airtight container or serve immediately.
- These can be made ahead and frozen, but are best when served the same day.