Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Presented By: Belinda Ellis, White Lily
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth or 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies (undrained)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) packagepioneer-brand or white lily country gravy mix
- 1⁄2 cup cool water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In large saucepan, cook onion in oil over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Add chicken broth, green chilies, and cumin; heat to a boil.
- In a 2-cup glass measure, dissolve gravy mix in water.
- Stir into boiling soup; stir until thickened.
- Cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Stir in beans and cilantro; heat through.
- Serve with White Lily Peppered Sour Cream Biscuits.