Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
A praline pound cake that appeared on a White Lily Flour calendar more than 15 years ago. For the best flavor and ease of slicing, you should bake the pound cake at least 8 hours before you plan to serve it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans (TOASTED and chopped ~ DIVIDED)
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour (White Lily preferred)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees .
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans in pan. Set aside.
- Cream butter and cream cheese.
- Add brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Fold in flour just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Stir in vanilla and remaining 1 cup chopped pecans. Spoon batter into prepared pan and place on baking sheet in oven.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes and remove to rack to cool completely. Makes 16 servings.