Recipe by Danny Beason
Presented By: Belinda Ellis, White Lily
Top Review by Annacia
Outstanding biscuits. I made 4 to go with a soup lunch today and couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. For us I did feel that the 1/4 tsp of garlic pepper was a bit weak for my preference and I added 1/4 tsp of Montreal Steak Spice which is mainly garlic and pepper. Yummm! The outside is golden and the inside is fluffy, light and delicious. To save on fat I used fat free sour cream, skim milk and for the butter I used 2 tbsp of canola oil with 1/4 tsp of butter extract added for the flavor. My 5 star rating is because of the sour cream and seasoning combo and the excellent adaptability of the recipe to personal needs.
- 709.77 ml white lily self-rising flour
- 3.69 ml garlic pepper seasoning
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 158.51 ml milk
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In large bowl, stir together all ingredients to form a ball.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough by folding dough in half 5 times. Pat or roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
- With a biscuit cutter, cut into 3-inch rounds. Place on baking sheet coated with Crisco no-stick cooking spray. Brush with additional melted butter, if desired.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.