Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tulasi taught us this fabulous hearty meal.
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons yellow split peas
- 2 tablespoons white lentils
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 onions, diced fine
- 2 green chilies, diced fine
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 inch ginger, chopped fine
- fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 4 -5 potatoes
- Peel and boil potatoes.
- Heat oil in wok.
- Add split yellow peas, white lentils and black mustard seeds and fry until the mustard seeds start to pop.
- Add tumeric, sugar, salt and onion and fry until onion starts to become translucent.
- Add potatoes, chilli and ginger, mixing and mashing up the potatoe.
- When the potatoes start to stick to the sides of the wok, add the lime juice, remove from heat and serve.