Recipe by Kate DeMello
This recipe uses chicken instead of the beef and alfredo sauce instead of the typical red sauce. The cheese lover that I am created this recipe for a pot luck. It was a hit, and has been ever since! I have never seen or tasted a recipe like it, and I have been told it is restaurant quality.
Top Review by txghog
I have made this twice, both times exactly like the recipe, and it was absolutely fantastic! It tastes much more complicated than it really is. I made it over Christmas for a bunch of relatives, and they raved about it. Definitely stole the show! :) This is going in my keeper file!
- 1 (12 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 2 (16 ounce) jarsof pre-made alfredo sauce
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 bell peppers
- 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken
- 5 garlic cloves (pressed or finely chopped)
- italian seasoning
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray non-stick cooking spray on pan.
- Cut chicken into small chunks and fry with 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook lasagne as directed on package.
- Cut peppers into small pieces.
- Mix together in a medium mixing bowl Ricotta, mozzarella, peppers, remaining 2 cloves of garlic, and Italian seasoning to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Layer lasagne pan with sauce, pasta, ricotta mixture, and chicken.
- Top with a layer of pasta, sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Let lasagne settle for a few minutes before serving.