Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
So simple to make and absolutely bursting with flavor with just a few ingredients. Your family will prefer this over delivery any day!
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spread cold pesto over pizza crust.
- Sauté chicken with olive oil and salt and pepper. Add onions for last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Add chicken onion mixture over pesto and spread out evenly.
- Slice tomato and place slices out over chicken and onions.
- Spread mozzarella over the entire pizza.
- Toast pine nuts in a dry non-stick skillet until slightly brown.
- Sprinkle toasted nuts over cheese and bake pizza at 450°F for 11 minutes.
I used a tomato basil pesto but used little less than a tablespoon as I just like to smear the pizza base and used some left over roast chicken breast and baked the pizza on a rack to make the thin base nice a crispy. Enjoyed all the flavours together and especially the toasted pine nuts. Thank you Melvin'sWifey, made for All You Can Cook Buffet.
What a great change from traditional pizza. Loved it. Made it with a Boboli pizza crust, Classico Basil Pesto and a precooked chicken from the store. I think next time I might try 1/2 cup of the basil pesto and 1/2 cup of the sundried basil pesto. My DH raved about this pizza. Thanks for posting.
This is a fabulous pizza! I used whole wheat pizza dough from a local pizzaria, chicken breast from a rotiserie chicken, carmelized onions, grape tomatoes and 5 cheese Italian. I used Classico Pesto and pre-cooked the crust. I loved the crunch of the pine nuts. Just a fantastic meal!