Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
So simple to make and absolutely bursting with flavor with just a few ingredients. Your family will prefer this over delivery any day!
Top Review by I'mPat
I used a tomato basil pesto but used little less than a tablespoon as I just like to smear the pizza base and used some left over roast chicken breast and baked the pizza on a rack to make the thin base nice a crispy. Enjoyed all the flavours together and especially the toasted pine nuts. Thank you Melvin'sWifey, made for All You Can Cook Buffet.
- 1 prepared pizza crust
- 1 cup prepared basil pesto (Classico brand is so great)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 1 roma tomato
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spread cold pesto over pizza crust.
- Sauté chicken with olive oil and salt and pepper. Add onions for last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Add chicken onion mixture over pesto and spread out evenly.
- Slice tomato and place slices out over chicken and onions.
- Spread mozzarella over the entire pizza.
- Toast pine nuts in a dry non-stick skillet until slightly brown.
- Sprinkle toasted nuts over cheese and bake pizza at 450°F for 11 minutes.