Prep 1 min
Cook 2 mins
A great Mediterrean-inspired bean salad. Beans can be cooked over the stove as well, I used the microwave for convenience. Also, fresh parsley can be used. I'm not sure of the actual can size, but I made a guess. :)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can white kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mushroom, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- Rinse and drain kidney beans, add to a 1 QT bowl that is 1/4 way full with water. Cook in microwave for 2 minutes.
- Drain beans, drizzle with olive oil. Add parsley and any optional ingredients. Enjoy!
What a fabulous vegan salad. . .good enough to serve to guests! I left my beans at room temp which worked fine. I also subbed out chives for the parsley then gave it a good squeeze of lemon over the top and WOW was it good. The lemon is a must here! Made for VEG*N swap. Thanks kiddo!