This comes from Better Homes & Gardens (Celebrating the Promise) book. This is a very fast tasty white hot chocolate. I thought I would share on here, hope you enjoy!
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, with cocoa butter, chopped
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups half-and-half or 2 cups light cream
- 1⁄3 cup strong coffee, hot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- nutmeg, grated (optional)
- chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons brandy, for Brandied White Hot Chocolate (optional)
- In a saucepan combine chocolate and 1/3 cup of the milk (or half & half or light cream). Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted.
- Add remaining milk. Stir until heated through. Add coffee and vanilla. Serve in mugs. If desired top with optional ingredients.
- For Brandied White Hot Chocolate: Prepare as above, except add 2-3 tablespoons brandy to the saucepan when adding coffee and vanilla.