Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This comes from Better Homes & Gardens (Celebrating the Promise) book. This is a very fast tasty white hot chocolate. I thought I would share on here, hope you enjoy!
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, with cocoa butter, chopped
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups half-and-half or 2 cups light cream
- 1⁄3 cup strong coffee, hot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- nutmeg, grated (optional)
- chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons brandy, for Brandied White Hot Chocolate (optional)
- In a saucepan combine chocolate and 1/3 cup of the milk (or half & half or light cream). Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted.
- Add remaining milk. Stir until heated through. Add coffee and vanilla. Serve in mugs. If desired top with optional ingredients.
- For Brandied White Hot Chocolate: Prepare as above, except add 2-3 tablespoons brandy to the saucepan when adding coffee and vanilla.
this is very good, and since I used a huge mug, it served 2. Indeed, VERY strong coffee is needed here to counteract the sweetness of the white chocolate. DH found it too sweet and too rich that we had to dilute it a bit more with water and coffee. I love the addition of nutmegs in it and grated chocolate sprinkles too.Made for PAC Fall 2008.