Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so wonderful on chilly nights.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 cups whole milk
- 12 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, piece
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave dark chocolate into curls; set aside.
- Place white chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl; set aside.
- Place milk and cream in a medium saucepan set over medium heat until bubbles begin to form around edges of pan (about 4 minutes) DO NOT BOIL!
- Remove mixture from the flame.
- Immediately pour over white chocolate.
- When the chocolate begins to melt, gently stir to combine.
- Whisk in vanilla.
- Continue whisking until light foam forms.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings.
This recipe is very good. My family loved it. I served it with homemade marshmallows and it dissappeared quickly!
I love white chocolate and when I saw this recipe I just had to try it. Let me tell you, this is some good hot white chocolate! I didn't garnish with dark chocolate, I used milk chocolate instead and it was a very nice combination of sweet. I'd definitely recommend this recipe to anyone who is a fan of white chocolate and I'll definitely be treating myself to a cup (or 2) of this when I am in the mood for something special. Thanks for posting.
Oooooh what a joy! This was to die for! I followed the recipe exactly (look carefully and the package and make sure you are buying CHOCOLATE and not "flavored" something else..shame!). Rich, decadent, perfect for our girls night in. I also served peppermint schnapps on the side for a little extra kick for those who want to indulge further, although totally unnecessary. Thank you Thank you! Recipe made & reviewed for Comfort Cafe.