Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A really great white chili!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fat free chicken broth
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans green chili peppers, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 (15 7/8 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onions, celery, garlic saute until onions are tender.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Stir in spices for 1 minute.
- Add broth and green chilis. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in beans. Simmer 20-30 minutes.
- Serves 6 (appx. 1 1/2 cup servings) Can substitute ground turkey for the ground chicken. This is pretty spicy--reduce the cayenne, if you don't like spicy.
Made with ground chicken. Thin broth, like soup, but very tasty. I thought it was touch spicy, hubby thought it wasn't spicy at all. I didn't have green chilis or oregano.
I made this today and it tastes great. It is definately more of a soup than a chili, though. I might try mashing some of the beans in the blender to thicken.
My husband is a huge white chili fan. I made this recipe today and he said, "this is the best chili I've ever had." I think the spice is just right and it was very easy make. Yummy!