1/2 Photos of White Gravy/ Sauce With Peas
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Over low heat, slowly melt the butter in a sauce pan. **I often let it get to the brown butter stage but you don't have to. I'm just mentioning this so that you know that it's ok and not burnt!
- 2Add the bouillon, whisk, then add the flour. Continue whisking until completely incorporated. It will be thick and pasty.
- 3Continue whisking and cook a bit longer to get rid of the raw flour taste. About 1 minute.
- 4Over LOW heat, add milk, 1/2 C at a time continue to whisk while the sauce thickens. Slowly add another 1/2 C, whisk until creamy. Continue adding milk until it no longer thickens and it is creamy.
- 5Add the frozen peas, allow to warm through, about 5 minutes.
- 6Serve hot.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Gravy/ Sauce With Peas
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.5
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 120.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: