Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rich tomato basic gravy for all times -Sanjeev Kapoor
- 4 large sized onions (quartered)
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 green cardamoms
- 2 green chilies (slit)
- 1⁄4 cup mawa (grated) or 1⁄4 cup khoya (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt (whisked)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper powder
- Place onions in a pan.
- Add a cup of water and boil till soft.
- Drain and cool.
- Grind into a smooth paste.
- Soak the cashewnuts in half cup of warm water for half an hour and grind to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a handi and add boiled onion paste.
- Stir and add garlic paste, ginger, paste, green cardamoms, slit green chillies.
- Stir and add grated mawa and cashewnut paste. Stir.
- Add half cup of water and mix.
- Cook on low heat for five to ten minutes.
- Add whisked yogurt, salt and white pepper powder.
- Stir and cook for a minute.Cool.