Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband and I love to cook together. We especially enjoy modifying “tried and true” recipes to come up with new dishes. One Friday night, when we didn’t have chicken broth in the house, we looked at the white grape juice as an alternative. The end result –a moist and lightly sweet chicken dish, perfect for any night!
- 4 chicken breasts or 4 chicken breast tenders
- 3⁄4 cup white grape juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow zucchini
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons flour
- Heat oil and oregano over medium heat in large skillet. Coat chicken with flour and place in skillet. Add garlic seasoning. Cook chicken for 8-10 minutes (or until almost completely done) –flipping at 5 minutes. Combine the grape juice with balsamic vinegar. Add grape juice, bell pepper, and zucchini to skillet and bring to a boil. Cook until liquid has started to evaporate.