Recipe by lynettejs
This is a very versatile salad that can be used in a jello mold, put into a springform pan with a graham cracker crust, served in a 9X13" pan or used to fill individual ramekins. My mother has made this recipe for nearly every holiday dinner at the request (more like demand) of my daughter! The fruit topping is just a canned fruit filling that would typically be used as pie filling. Any flavor will work well. Cooking time is chiilling time to ensure a good set. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 ounce unflavored gelatin (such as 2 envelopes of Knox gelatine)
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- fruit pie filling, such as Thank You brand
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve gelatin in 1 cup cold water. Set aside.
- Mix sugar into boiling water, stirring until dissolved.
- Add gelatin mixture to sugar water.
- Add sour cream and mix until lumps have disappeared.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Pour into mold or dish. (May lightly grease mold with mayo. This will not affect the flavor at the end.).
- Chill overnight.
- Serve with pie filling as topping or in center of round mold.