Recipe by COOKGIRl
From Once Again. Allow at least several hours for chilling and to enhance flavor. I always prepare chilled soups first thing in the morning and refrigerate all day.
- 2 cups day-old white bread, crusts removed
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped (I added a small amount of lemon cucumbers)
- 1 cup green seedless grape, washed
- 1⁄4 cup almond butter
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (I used whole and save the slivered almonds for garnish)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- sliced grapes, green and red
- slivered almonds (toasted or raw-your choice)
- fresh herb (flat leaf parsley, chives, cilantro, etc.)
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- sherry wine vinegar, for drizzling
- cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pass the pureed mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove the pulp. <<I skipped this step. It's your choice whether to pass the pureed mixture through a strainer or not.
- Press the pulp through the strainer using the bottom of a ladle.
- Transfer the gazpacho to a covered container and chill the gazpacho well before serving.
- To serve: ladle the soup into shallow bowls and garnish with a few grape slices, slivered almonds, minced fresh herb such as parsley, chives, cilantro, etc., a drizzle of olive oil, splash of sherry wine vinegar, twist of cracked black pepper.