Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
POSTED FOR ZAAR WORLD TOUR 5. Cooking Time is chilling time. This dish is a modern adaptation of Malaga's Ajo Blanco (white almond soup). Unlike the ajo blanco, however, this version omits the almonds within and relies on sour cream and yogurt for its unmistakable creamy texture. Almonds are reserved for a crisp garnish. From http://www.spain-recipes.com
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- slivered almonds
- seedles green grape, halved
- In two batches, purée all the ingredients except for the almonds and grapes in a food processor.
- Combine both batches in a large bowl and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Immediately before serving, garnish individual servings with the slivered almonds and grapes.