Recipe by Koechin (Chef)
This is the perfect Summer first course for a Ladies Luncheon. I serve this in Demi-Tasse or Martini Glasses. I received it from a friend who does a lot of entertaining.
- 4 -5 slices French bread, 1/2 inch thick, crust removed
- 2 cups water
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup champagne vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 lb green grape, halved
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bread into small cubes to make 2 cups.
- Place all except almonds and grapes in food processor or blender.
- Blend until perfectly smooth.
- Chill soup several hours or over night.
- Serve in cold bowls, cups or glasses.
- Garnished with grapes and almonds.