Prep 2 hrs
Cook 5 mins
A different version of the classic chilled soup for you to try. :) Prep time includes chilling. An adoped recipe.
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 medium cucumbers
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- salt, to taste
- chopped fresh tomatoes or chopped green onions or chopped green peppers or toasted slivered almonds or toasted crouton, to taste, for garnish
- Pare and seed cucumbers; cut into cubes so that you have about 3 cups of cubed cucumber.
- In blender (preferably) or food processor, blend cucumber with 1/2 cup broth until smooth.
- In medium bowl, combine cucumber mixture, remaining broth, sour cream, lemon juice, granulated garlic, and pepper; mix well.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish as desired.
- Keep any left over soup in refrigerator.
I found this recipe last summer & make it OFTEN!! Chopped boiled eggs are also a good topping. I like using garlic croutons & cilantro too. YUM!!!!