Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a recipe for a traditional Chinese soup. I first tried it at Yong Sing in Honolulu. I found this recipe at chinesefooddiy.com. A couple of tips - do not use bouillon! Use either prepared broth (like that which one can buy in cartons) or, better yet, stock. As for the fungus which is the main ingredient, try Asian food stores for the dried fungus. If you live near a Chinatown, you'll probably have good luck at a Chinese grocery.
- Wash the fungus in warm water, drain, and cover with 2 cups boiling water.
- Let soak until soft (15-20 minutes).
- Drain the fungus and remove any stems or hard areas.
- Wash in warm water and rinse 3 times.
- Place in serving dish.
- Combine stock, wine, soy sauce, and MSG (if using) in a pot over medium heat.
- Bring to boil.
- Ladle 1 cup of broth over the fungus and l0 minutes, then drain.
- Reheat the remaining stock, add to the fungus, and serve.