Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a July 1961 insert entitled "Good Housekeeping's recipes for summer living...when your dining room is all outdoors"
- 1⁄4 lb butter or 1⁄4 lb margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan melt butter.
- stir in granulated sugar and milk.
- Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar while beating with a spoon until smooth;.
- blend in vanilla.
Hmmm well I tried making this for a birthday cake but it didn't really turn out for me, it stayed really grainy and even though i kept it boiling on medium temperature it kind of burned the sugar I think and then it turned out brown so i didnt bother adding the powder sugar because I didnt want it anymore... i just made fudge with it. but anyways, I will try this recipe again since I do want it to work and i will re-review if it is any better... perhaps this recipe could improve if it was more specific about the temperature and how long I should boil it for? that is probably how i messed it up...