Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A complimentary frosting could be White Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting (White Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting). This would do well as a sheet cake, too.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour the bottoms only of two 9 inch layer pans.
- Melt white chocolate with hot water over low heat; cool. This could be done on 1/2 power in the microwave. Don't boil, just make it hot enough to melt the chocolate.
- In large mixer bowl combine flour, sugar, soda, baking powder, salt, butter and buttermilk. Blend at low speed until moistened. Beat 1 minute at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add eggs, melted white chocolate mixture and vanilla extract; blend. Beat 1 minute at medium speed.
- Stir in pecans and coconut.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at for about 30 minutes or until top springs back and pick comes out clean.