Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sour cream tempers the sweetness in this recipe.The fudge reachs softball stage quickly,but takes awhile to cool enough to be beaten into substance.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup white corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup candied cherry, quartered
- 1 cup almonds, coarsely chopped, slivered nuts work nicely
- In saucepan,combine sugar,sour cream,corn syrup,butter and salt.
- Bring slowly to boil,stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Then, without stirring, boil over medium heat to soft stage or 236 degrees on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat. Let stand for 15 minutes or longer.
- Add vanilla.
- Stir mixture till it begins to lose its gloss.
- Add cherries and nuts.
- Put into buttered shallow pan.
- Cool completely.Cut into pieces.
I made a batch today and it turned out great. It did not take long either. Thank you for sharing, I will be making more batches for friends and family this year.