Recipe by children from A to Z
This is not your traditional fruit cake. This is made with a white cake mix. Extra moist, and tasty. Great for gift giving. Change people's minds about fruitcake.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped candied fruit
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, oil, condensed milk, and egg whites on low with electric mixer, until moistened; increase speed to high and beat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in fruit and pecans.
- Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 5x9-inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.