Prep 30 mins
Cook 21 hrs
I can't wait to try this cake and see if it is the one my Grandma made. The recipe is from another site.
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups candied pineapple
- 1 1⁄2 cups candied cherries
- 1 1⁄2 cups slivered almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups light raisins
- 1 cup flour, mixed with fruit
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- Cream together butter sugar and almond extract.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add remaining dry ingredients alternately with pineapple juice.
- Do 3 dry ingredients alternately with pineapple juice.
- Add floured fruit, mix well.
- Place batter in prepared pans.
- Pan can be a spring form pan, bundt pan or 2 loaf pans.
- Put a small pan filled with water in oven.
- Bake 275 for 2 hours.