Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
wonderful on a green salad with crumbled blue cheese and bacon bits
- 44.37 ml cider vinegar
- 44.37 ml honey
- 88.74 ml mayonnaise (fat reduced is OK)
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml onion, freshly minced
- 0.25 ml salt
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil (I use canola)
- Heat vinegar and honey in small sauce pan until thoroughly blended.
- Add remaining ingredients, except oil, and blend thoroughly in blender, food processor or with hand mixer. Gradually add vegetable oil and blend well.
- Keeps well in refrigerator about a week.
Delicious and easy! DH said, "This is excellent, five stars for sure!!" I used dehydrated onions instead of fresh, so it would last longer in the fridge, but after that review, I can't imagine it will be around long! Thanks so much for sharing this one. Made for my adoptee in Pick a Chef Spring 2011.
This is new to me. I had never heard of a WHITE French dressing before. I stubbled upon this when looking for the red version. I then looked for other white french dressing recipes and most called for raw eggs. Well, I make a lot of my own salad dressing and I made half of this recipe for a test batch and it was GREAT!!! Although it sat in my fridge for about 2-3 days before using it on an iceberg lettuce salad and I love it. I did use dried minced onion as I didn't feel like minced a fresh one.
I love the White French Salad dressing that is served at a restaurant near our home and could never find anything like it at anywhere, until this recipe. This is so delicious, Thank your Mrs. Flick!