Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
a different kind of soup done with egg white separated from the yolks
- 1 quart milk
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 mace blade
- 1 ounce flour
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 ounces cheese
- 1 onion
- 1 celery rib
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter.
- add to flour, then the milk be degrees.
- stir thoroughly.
- boil well and add garlic celery and mace.
- barely simmer for 20-30 minutes, until soup is well flavoured.
- cool slightly and then add the yolks of the eggs.
- reheat, without boiling.
- season and add grated cheese.
- beat the egg whites to a stiff froth.
- fold half into the soup and put the rest into a hot tureen. pour the soup over and sprinkle with parsley.
- serve with fried croutons of bread.