Recipe by ellie3763
found on recipes4us.co.uk haven't made it yet but it sounds fantastic!! cooking time includes marinading time
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed saffron thread
- 4 white fish fillets (e.g. Halibut or Orange Roughy)
- 16 ounces carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 25 ounces tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sweet red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips about 1/4 inch wide wide
- 24 kalamata olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in shallow dish. Add the fish and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Arrange the carrot slices over bottom of shallow glass baking dish. Layer half tomatoes, half the onion and half the lemon slices over the top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the marinade from fish and reserve. Arrange the fish on top of the lemon slices then top the fish with layers of the remaining tomato, onion and lemon slices as before. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the strips of red pepper and olives over the top, pour the reserved marinade over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 400F and bake for a further 25 minutes. Serve immediately garnished with extra chopped parsley.