1/1 Photo of White Fish Provencal
Southern Lady's Note:
This recipe comes together easily and is tasty. I've used orange roughy and mahi mahi fillets with success. This is a revised recipe for health from the Saturday Evening Post: The Mediterranean Diet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces firm white fish fillets, 3/4-1-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon onion powder (your preference)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (your preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves, dried and crushed to intensify flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves, dried and crushed to intensify flavor
- 8 ounces stewed tomatoes, drained of most liquid
- 1/2 cup olive (Kalamata, Green, or Black Olives)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Place fish fillets in a oven safe baking dish.
- 3Drizzle 1-1/2 T Olive Oil over fish. Rub oil on both sides and Salt & Pepper.
- 4Sprinkle fish with Onion and Garlic Powders, Basil and Thyme herbs.
- 5Top with a 1-1/2 heaping T of Stewed Tomatoes per fillet
- 6Pit and slice Olives into halves or quarters and sprinkle on top of tomatoes(Kalamata is delicious in this recipe).
- 7Splash the tops of tomatoes & olives with White Wine and drizzle the remaining Olive Oil.
- 8Bake with a foil tent for 15 minutes or until fish is white and flakey.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Fish Provencal
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.3
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 76.5 mg
- Sodium 474.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 21.7 g