Recipe by Tisme
I saw this recipe being made on the Alive and Cooking Television Show. I have not made this yet, but am posting here so I can make it during the winter months. It looks so easy to make.
- 2 basa fillets, roughly chopped (350g)
- 3 tablespoons djon mustard
- 2 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 300 g mashed potatoes
- 80 g grated tasty cheese
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 egg (eggwash)
- 1 sheet puff pastry
White Sauce Ingedients
- 200 ml milk
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the White sauce: Gently heat milk in a saucepan until it simmers. Mix the arrowroot and the white wine together and pour slowly into the simmering milk whilst whisking until a thick consistency is reached. Note: Do not let the milk boil whilst making this.
- Using 2 single serve oval pie tins, (divide the ingredients between the 2 dishes.) Spread the mashed potato on bottom and to the edges to create a well in the centre.
- Divide and place the fish and spring onions into eash mash well and spread the mustard over, sprinkle with tasty cheese and half the poppy seeds.
- Spread the white sauce over the top of both pie tins. Sprinkle over with parsley and cover with the puff pastry. Fold in the pastry leaving a small gap around the edges to reveal some mash.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake in a preheated oven at 230°C for 15-20 minutes.