Recipe by mrschambers
This is my husband's all time favorite meal. It's all from scratch and very fast and simple. I usually make it once a week. Also, these are so good with homemade tortillas. Or those ones you buy and cook yourself (those are my favorite)
Top Review by Pinay0618
We enjoyed this quite a lot! We added salt, pepper and garlic to the meat mixture, along with some diced jalapeno to the meat and the sauce. We'll be making this regularly - thanks so much for sharing!
- 3⁄4-1 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef (or use chopped chicken)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 ounces canned chopped green chilies (mild or hot)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 8 -12 ounces grated cheese
- 8 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions, add ground beef, cook till almost browned, add green chilies. Save juice for white sauce.
- Melt butter. Whisk in chili juice, flour and salt. Slowly whisk in milk. Cook on low, whisking constantly till starting to thicken, remove from heat and whisk in sour cream.
- Mix 1/2 cup white sauce with beef mixture, and a small handful of grated cheese.
- Roll beef mixture in tortillas (13x9" pan) Top with remaining white sauce and cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minute.