Recipe by Baby Kato
You won't believe how good a cake mix and store bought frosting can really taste. This cake is very moist and is full of flavour.
Top Review by katew
This was a good cake and so wonderfully easy to do. The cake mixes here in Australia are a different weight so I do have to jiggle and judge the amounts of the other ingredients. I did not frost with a canned frosting as they are very expensive to purchase here but served it with big strawberries and recipe #311465 - so yummy !
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix (Duncan Hines)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, finely grated
- 2 (12 ounce) cans vanilla frosting, whipped
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest, finely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 (9") pans and line with wax paper.
- Combine cake mix, sour cream, milk, eggs and oil, beat 3 minutes on medium speed till light and fluffy.
- Add orange zest to cake batter and mix lightly.
- Pour batter into both prepared pans and bake in 350 degree oven for 25- 28 minutes.
- Place on racks for 15 minutes before removing pans, leave on racks until completely cooled.
- Stir remaining orange zest into whipped vanilla frosting and frost cake. Let sit for at least 2 hrs before serving.