Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 min
This is another ethnic family recipe usually prepared by my mom at Easter.
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese (@ room temperature)
- 8 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 4 ounces white Creme de Cacao
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Sweet Pie Shell
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- For Pie Shell: In large bowl, mix all ingredients to form a soft dough.
- DO NOT KNEAD! Roll out on floured board and place in 11-inch pie plate.
- Filling: In large bowl, add all ingredients except walnuts. Mix well until blended smooth and creamy.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top.
- Bake @400* for 10 minutes, then 300* for 90 minutes.
- Test for doneness by inserting clean knife. Knife should come out clean.