Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This salad is easy to prepare using frozen shoe peg corn and baby petite peas. The recipes comes from Better homes and gardens. Cook time is chill time.This is a no-cook recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen white shoepeg corn, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen baby peas, thawed (petite)
- 1 cup chopped peeled jicama
- 2⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red peppers or 1⁄4 cup orange sweet bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon snipped of fresh mint
- In a large mixing bowl combine the corn, peas, jicama, celery, green onions, and sweet pepper.
- For Dressing; in a screw-top jar combine the vinegar, brown sugar, parsley, salt, and white pepper, cover and shake well.
- Pour dressing over the corn and pea mixture; Toss gently to coat, stir in mint; cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
I really liked the sound of this recipe, but our store didn't have white corn. Wanted to make it anyway, so I subbed with peaches and cream corn. Omitted the jicama, as I'm not a fan. Lovely, refreshing salad. :)
The only ingredient I didn't have was the jicama and I loved it! It's a refreshing salad for summertime.
Very good salad that we enjoyed with hamburgers. I needed to make some small changes due to what we had on hand by skipping the celery and the mint and using a regular chopped onions instead of the green and also using regular white vinegar instead of the rice vinegar but even with these changes the salad was great and so pretty. Thanks for sharing!