Top Review by Carolyninthekitchen
Another good non-dark chocolate alternative. Fudge itself is velvety, the coconut adds texture and hint of added flavor. Took me twice as long as directions indicated (took 25 minutes just to get to softball stage). Not difficult to make just time consuming to the novice candymaker. Would have liked storage instructions included with recipe. I am going to refrigerate in an airtight container and would think it will stay good for a few weeks.
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla chips
- 2 cups marshmallow creme
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, milk and margarine in heavy saucepan,mix well.
- Cooc over medium heat to 234 to 240 degrees on candy thermometer, soft-ball stage, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla, coconut,vanilla chips and marshmallow creme.
- Stir until chips are melted.
- Pour into a buttered 9x13 inch dish.
- Cool until firm.