Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple white sauce with clams for pasta - easy to make.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cans clams, with liquid
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 ounces pasta, cooked al dente
- Melt butter and saute onion and garlic.
- Add the clams, clam liquid, and parsley and saute.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper, and cook until thickened.
- Serve over pasta.
This was wonderful, and the only change we made was to 1/2 the recipe and use basil instead of parsley (just b/c that was what we had). We also weren't sure when to put the parmesan cheese in, so we just served the pasta with it served sprinkled on the top. Thanks ChrisMc for such a wonderful recipe!
This is an excellent white clam sauce. I like it better than my "old stand by."