Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my friend Nancy's mild, family-style recipe; one her young children enjoy. She serves it with her Casaburo Salad. (Another shared in my "birthday book").
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup water or 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans minced clams with juice
- 1 lb vermicelli, dried
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the vermicelli according to package directons.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil and add the chopped garlic; cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in the white wine.
- Add the salt, oregano and pepper.
- Stir in the clams and their liquid.
- Heat through.
- Toss with the cooked vermicelli.
- Serve immediately.
Close enough to what I make that I won't enter my own. I don't put in the water, but may put wine in the future. I generally add chopped onion.