Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
BE SURE TO HAVE CRUSTY BREAD ON HAND TO DIP IN THE WONDERFUL GARLICY BUTTER SAUCE. QUICK AND EASY COMFORT FOOD AT ITS BEST.
- 3 tablespoons butter (UNSALTED PREFERRED)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic (MORE IF YOU LOVE GARLIC)
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) canschopped clams, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup bottled clam juice
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried marjoram, crumbled (OPTIONAL)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (OPTIONAL)
- hot cooked pasta (LINGUINE OR ANGEL HAIR WORKS BEST)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- MELT BUTTER WITH OLIVE OIL IN LARGE HEAVY SKILLET OVER MEDIUM HEAT.
- ADD GARLIC AND SAUTE ABOUT 1 MIN.
- QUICKLY BLEND IN FLOUR WITH WIRE WHISK.
- GRADUALLY STIR IN REMAINING INGREDIENTS.
- COOK OVER MEDIUM LOW HEAT, STIRRING CONSTANTLY UNTIL SAUCE IS SLIGHTLY THICKENED.
- PLACE COOKED PASTA IN INDIVIDUAL SERVING DISHES.
- SPOON CLAM SAUCE OVER PASTA.
- PASS GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE.
I made a bunch of changes, but the basic flavors were there and this was absolutely delicious. I only used 2 T of olive oil, added two shallots, added an extra can of clams, used the juice from the canned clams, and left out the marjoram. Even with all of these changes, the sauce turned out wonderful and flavorful and it coated the pasta really well. Wonderful recipe.
This is the best clam sauce I ever tasted . My family absolutely loves this. I make this at least once a month. The only thing I did differently was use fresh oregano from my garden and ommited marjoram.
I also liked how this sauce sticks to the pasta-- no more puddles of sauce left on our plates after the pasta is gone!! Very tasty.