Recipe by SLColman
This sauce goes great with linguine! You can use red wine instead of white wine.
Top Review by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I made this sauce to have with some fett uccini and it was really delicious! I used a Chardonnay white wine and it complimented this dish very well. The flavors of the clams along with the garlic and wine and spices was excellent! This sauce would be good with any pasta. Will make again when company is coming! Thanks so much for sharing this with us SLColman! Made for My-3-Chefs 2008.
- 3 (8 ounce) cans minced clams
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons white wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain juice from clams, reserving juice.
- In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, in hot oil, cook garlic until tender.
- Stir in reserved clam juice and remaining ingredients except clams; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in drained clams; cook sauce just until clams are heated through.