Recipe by grandma2969
Wonderful around the holidays.
Top Review by mollie_754135
This is a fabulous recipe. I first tasted it at a December wedding, and my aunt wouldn't divulge the secret ingredients. That was years ago, and thanks to the internet, now I had no problem finding the recipe. (I think it should be three half-gallon containers of ice cream, though--not 3 1/2 gallons.)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 3 1⁄2 gallons vanilla ice cream
- 6 (2 liter) containers carbonated lemon-lime beverage
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and water, stir constantly and cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and add evaporated milk, and almond extract. Let cool.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Combine milk mixture and remaining ingredients to punch bowl just before serving.
- Stir to break up ice cream into small pieces.