Recipe by AngelicFantasia
This recipe comes from a Southern Living Christmas Recipe book. Timing does not include chilling.
Top Review by Humble Hostess
Beautiful and delicious punch! What a nice alternative for the holidays. I made this punch for a program reception and received rave reviews from even the harshest of critics. The fluffy white texture and the subtle almond flavor had everyone guessing- what's the secret? I'll be sure to use this recipe again.
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 (1/2 gallon) cartons vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 (2 liter) bottles carbonated lemon-lime beverage, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in evaporated milk and almond extract.
- Allow to cool.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Combine ice cream, milk mixture, and lemon-lime beverage in a large container just before serving.
- Stir gently, breaking the ice cream into small pieces.
- Transfer punch into a punch bowl.
- Recipe may be halved for smaller gatherings.