Our family favorite white fudge! White, creamy rich and oh-so-good!! I make this every year for Christmas, and give plenty away as gifts. Enjoy!
- Bring the sugar, butter and eggnog to a full boil in a heavy medium-size saucepan.
- Continue to boil for 8 to 10 minutes over medium heat, or 234°F on a candy thermometer, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat and stir in the white chocolate chips and the grated nutmeg, stirring until the chocolate is melted.
- Add marshmallow creme and the rum or rum extract; beat until well blended.
- Pour into a buttered 8 or 9-inch square pan.
- Cool at room temperature, then cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. May be frozen for up to three weeks.