- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 12 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup dried cherries, cranberries or 3⁄4 cup apricot, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Line an 8-inch square pan with foil; grease foil.
- Mix sugar and milk in a heavy 3-quart saucepan.
- Over medium heat, add butter; stir constantly bringing to a boil.
- Boil constantly for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Reduce heat to low and add chocolate and almond extract.
- Whisk until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in dried fruit and toasted almonds.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate 2 hours until firm.
- Invert pan, peel off foil and cut into 1-inch squares.