Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick and easy. Instead of the cranberries you can make the 1/2 cup of fruit in to 1 cup, that is the original recipe, like the vegetable shortening. The yield will depend on how small or large you will cut the candy, so don't take any notice of what I have stated there.
- 2 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup full cream milk powder, sifted
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 5 -6 glace green cherries, chopped
- 8 ounces vegetable shortening or 8 ounces margarine or 8 ounces butter, melted
- Put all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Add the shortening; stir it so everything is evenly coated.
- Press into a greased 12 inch/8 inch sponge roll pan.
- Refrigerate until solid.
- Cut into small pieces or squares.