Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
My absolute favorite Christmas Candy. So simple to make, and people always ask for the recipe. So, here it is, before you've even asked!
- white chocolate or white confectioner's coating (or combination of half each)
- hard peppermint candies or candy cane
- First of all, go wacko on some peppermint candies or candy canes: smash'em up into little tiny bits, either using your food processor or blender, or putting them in a heavy plastic bag and whacking'em with a mallet/rolling pin/bowling ball/go-go boots.
- Melt some white chocolate or white candy coating (I actually use half of each to get a balance of good flavor and good setting/keeping).
- Stir the peppermint candy into the melted white chocolate, then spread it out thin, about 1/4 inch thick, and let cool.
- Break into chunks and store tightly covered.
- Mails well, if it actually makes it to the post office.
Love the taste of this but I'm going to recommend adding some basic proportions for this recipe as a guide. I used a bag (12oz) of peppermint candy and a package of white chocolate bark (also 12oz I believe). I put half the peppermints in my food processor and made peppermint dust and left the other half in small chunks. Looks great too!
Very good candy! I think I had too many peppermint candies for the amount of chocolate, because it was very chunky, at least one batch. I could only find peppermint sticks and the buttery after dinner mints at my local store, so I made one batch with the peppermint, and the other with the after dinner mints, and I have to say, I liked the one with the after dinner mints the best. Both batches had a very nice flavor if you like chocolate and mint together, which I do, a lot. It would make a festive addition to a gift basket - very pretty candy. Thanks for a really nice recipe!
Hey Bobbiegirl, Thanks for this recipe,anything peppermint is my favorite.I made this with peppermint discs(which I always have around) and the white chocolate (which my girls love) It turned out fantastic,I make white chocolate pretzels at christmas so this recipe will go with my to make for sure recipes at Christmas. Thanks again,Darlene Summers