Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
(Similar to Costco's vanilla cheesecake filling) http://www.recipelink.com/msgbrd/board_14/2007/FEB/26140.html
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- 16 ounces well-chilled heavy cream (whipping)
- 1 (1 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- In a small bowl, melt white chocolate in microwave (heat for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until completely melted smooth).
- In a medium bowl beat heavy cream until it holds soft peaks.
- In a medium bowl, beat pudding into milk for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl beat together cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and a pinch of salt until creamy smooth. Beat in the melted white chocolate.
- Stir the pudding into the cream cheese mixture. Stir in 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture to lighten. Then fold in another 1/3 of the whipped cream and then fold in the remaining 1/3.
- Chill 15 minutes and use as a filling for a cake.
Girl... This stuff here.....SLAMMIN' for a cake filling!!! Fluffy but sturdy and it is versatile. But more important not gritty and very delicious. Hmmm..'very delicious'... for some reason when I keep saying that... It sounds like bad grammar. Never mind that though... I am a serious Baker and I SO needed this in my 'recipe arsenal'. GOD Bless.
Awesome, spectacular, and delicious! I found folding didn't incorporate the whipped cream and pudding/cream cheese (which could totally be my error), but I found that just a real quick stir did not ruin the fluff factor. Thanks soulcandybt for a great recipe. Made for New Kids on the Block tag game. I will be making again and again.