Recipe by chia
my favorite white chocolate, coated with nuts or coconut. makes an elegant dessert and a lovely gift. prep time is for chopping the chocolate, cook time doesn't reflect the 2 hours for chilling.
Top Review by Nowhereville Domestic
These are a very soft truffle, but excellent for a dipping center. I reduced cream by 2 T, and added a scant 1/4 t. peppermint oil. After rolling them out, I frozen them for a few minutes, then dipped in milk chocolate. It was a hit on the Christmas tray, but some people thought the peppermint was a little too strong. Will be doing this again!
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream, plus
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 ounces good quality white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup flaked coconut or 1 cup chopped almonds (or 1/2 c of each)
Directions See How It's Made
- heat heavy cream in a saucepan, bring to a simmer.
- add butter, stir until melted.
- add chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
- remove from heat and pour into a shallow bowl.
- cool, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours until firm.
- roll mixture into 1 inch balls, roll in nuts or coconut.
- chill until ready to serve.