1/2 Photos of White Chocolate Sunflower Cookies
These delicious cookies will keep for several days if stored in a tightly sealed plastic container. I don't recommend freezing this cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325*F.
- 2Toast the sunflower seeds on a baking sheet with sides for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool to room temperature.
- 3In a sifter combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Sift onto a large piece of wax paper and set aside until needed.
- 4Heat 1 inch of water in the bottom half of a double boiler over medium heat. with the heat on, place the white chocolate in the top half of the double boiler. Use a rubber spatula to stir the chocolate until completely smooth and melted, about 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside until needed.
- 5Beat together the butter, sugar and honey with an electric mixer for 4 minutes. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue to beat for 4 more minutes.
- 6Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 7Add vanilla and beat for another minute.
- 8Add the melted chocolate and beat for another minute.
- 9Gradually beat in the flour mixture, followed by the sunflower seeds. Mix thoroughly.
- 10Using a heaping tablespoon of dough for each cookie, portion 9 cookies, evenly spaced , onto each of 4 nonstick baking sheets. Place the baking sheets on the top and center racks of the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes, rotating the sheets from top to center about halfway through the baking time.
- 11Remove the cookies from the oven and cool to room temperature on the baking sheets, about 30 minutes. Store the cooled cookies in a tightly sealed plastic container until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Sunflower Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2062.3
- Calories from Fat 1007
- Total Fat 111.9 g
- Saturated Fat 43.1 g
- Cholesterol 338.7 mg
- Sodium 924.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 234.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.5 g
- Sugars 123.2 g
- Protein 43.8 g