Recipe by MarieRynr
These delicious cookies will keep for several days if stored in a tightly sealed plastic container. I don't recommend freezing this cookie.
- 2 cups unsalted sunflower seeds
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces white chocolate, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, cut into 1 oz pieces
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- Toast the sunflower seeds on a baking sheet with sides for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool to room temperature.
- In a sifter combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Sift onto a large piece of wax paper and set aside until needed.
- Heat 1 inch of water in the bottom half of a double boiler over medium heat. with the heat on, place the white chocolate in the top half of the double boiler. Use a rubber spatula to stir the chocolate until completely smooth and melted, about 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside until needed.
- Beat together the butter, sugar and honey with an electric mixer for 4 minutes. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue to beat for 4 more minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and beat for another minute.
- Add the melted chocolate and beat for another minute.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture, followed by the sunflower seeds. Mix thoroughly.
- Using a heaping tablespoon of dough for each cookie, portion 9 cookies, evenly spaced , onto each of 4 nonstick baking sheets. Place the baking sheets on the top and center racks of the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes, rotating the sheets from top to center about halfway through the baking time.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and cool to room temperature on the baking sheets, about 30 minutes. Store the cooled cookies in a tightly sealed plastic container until ready to serve.