Recipe by diner524
A decadent dessert that looks like it is hard to make but is fairly quick and easy to get together. The time doesn't include chilling time of at least 3 hours, so make sure to allow for that time. This would be a wonderful dessert for Valentines Day, Easter or Mothers Day when strawberries are fresh and in season!!! Recipe from Country Woman.
- 1 cup vanilla wafer, crushed (about 30 wafers)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 3 cups strawberries, whole, medium (fresh, not frozen)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- additional strawberry, halved (about 10 but depends on size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside 2 tablespoons wafer crumbs.
- Combine almonds, butter and remaining crumbs; press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan.
- Spoon 5 tablespoons of melted white chocolate over crust; sprinkle with reserved wafer crumbs.
- Arrange whole strawberries, tips up, over crumbs.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, juice concentrate and vanilla.
- Beat in remaining white chocolate.
- In another mixing bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form.
- Stir 2 cups into the creamed cheese mixture; mix well.
- Fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Spread between and over strawberries.
- Cover and chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- Carefully run a knife around sides of pan to loosen. Remove sides.
- Arrange four 1-1/2-in.-wide strips of waxed paper over top; sprinkle cocoa between strips.
- Remove waxed paper.
- Place halved strawberries between cocoa rows.